LightScribe Support - Take ][

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Thu Jan 11 12:31:08 UTC 2007

This two forum threads just state the problem and do not offer a solution
(or so I've seen)...

Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place?

Thanks!

On 1/11/07, John <John at dmj-consultancy.co.uk> wrote:

> Amichai Rotman wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Following Antonio's instructions I was able to install LightScribe
> > Support from the sources and Automatix2.
> >
> > The SimpleLabler works fine (though I haven't tried to burn a
> > LightScribe CD yet).
> >
> > I was reading the manual PDF from the Lacie site and tried to execute
> > the enumerate command:
> >
> > sudo 4L-cli enumerate
> > Using /etc/lightscribe.rc
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > It didn't even ask for the password. Exact same thing without the sudo
> > also...
> >
> > All I want to know is - is my burner supported?
> >
> > Here is the dmesg output:
> >
> > [17179574.936000] hdc: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GSA-H20L, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> > [17179575.340000] hdc: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R-RAM CD-R/RW drive,
> > 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)
> >
> > I don't see and refferance to Lighscribe support anywhere, except the
> > logo on the front of the drive's tray.
> >
> > Any pointers?
> >
> > Thanks!

> issues with Ubuntu and Lightscribe; people are actually talking to Lacie
> direct.

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

--

Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at