Ubuntu PS3 edition

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Thu Jan 11 02:21:25 UTC 2007

Bjørn Ingmar Berg wrote:
> I just read this:
> http://ps3.qj.net/Gentoo-Linux-on-your-PS3-With-full-install-instructions-/pg/49/aid/78739
> Envy!  Yellowdog can do it.  Gentoo can do it.  Ubuntu on PS3?  Mmmmmm!
> "We WANTSSSSS it!"
>
> Is it possible?
>

> Bjørn Ingmar Berg

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/PS3
http://www.keshi.org/moin/moin.cgi/PS3/Debian/Installer

Been done, all that's needed now is to make it a little easier.  Wish I
had some more time to play with my new toy, so I could help, but for now
I have to wait for others. :-/

I hope to start working on my own PS3 install sometime soon...

Since Feisty is using 2.6.20, the kernel patches should already be in
there, so I'm thinking that I may start from Herd 2 when I get the
chance.  I'm not certain it will contain all the necessary patches,
though, so I may still need to learn kernel and cross-compilation
techniques...  As you can tell, I will probably not be the first one
getting any of these things working.

-Matt