a question about ubuntu wireless network

Chuang Wu chuangwoo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:23:59 UTC 2007

Hi there,

My wireless network under Ubuntu works well. However, when I'm using it at
CMU Campus, it disconnects and reconnects every 1 min. This doesn't happen
if I'm using ubuntu wirelessly at home(versizon). Also if I'm using WinXP at
CMU Campus, it's okay too. So the problem only happens when I'm using ubuntu
wirelessly at CMU Campus. Any of you is aware of this kind problem? or have
any suggestion howto solve it?

Other info that might help:
CMU campus wireless is DHCP, as most other network does.

the results of 'iwconfig'

ath0      IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"CMU"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency: 2.412 GHz  Access Point:
00:15:F9:1A:7E:D0
          Bit Rate:36 Mb/s   Tx-Power:14 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
          Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=44/94  Signal level=-51 dBm  Noise level=-95 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:65026  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0