Vote for new Ubuntu Feature---Let's try it again

thomas ubuntu at morsha.com
Tue Jan 9 20:28:12 UTC 2007

I use this method:

Create a file "Open as Administrator" with the following 3 lines.

for uri in $NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_SELECTED_URIS; do
gksudo "gnome-open $uri" &
done

Place the file in folder ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts

Open Naultilus and right click on a file or directory hover "Scripts" and
select "Open as Administrator". The item will be opened as root. You can
also place any bash script in that folder as well. I have one that opens a
terminal with the directory set to that of the file right clicked.

//thomas