Vote for new Ubuntu Feature---Let's try it again

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Jan 9 19:04:33 UTC 2007

Ubuntu isn't a democracy in a the conventional sense. This community
doesn't hold elections or vote on features. A few smart, well-informed
people make decisions; we either accept them or install a different
distro.

The Unix security model has evolved over the past twenty, thirty years
and I for one would never presume to suggest that it should be
changed. If you don't like the existing security precautions, run your
system as root all the time. There are a number of reasons why that is
a bad idea, but no one will stop you.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam