diff

Emil Edeholt emil at knmedical.se
Tue Jan 9 14:42:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

Sorry if this is off topic. I hope I can get an answer.

I'm trying to compare an new version of a php-script that I have locally
on my ubuntu machine and an older version of the script on my ubuntu
server but when I try to run diff on the files I just get the whole two
files listed after each other, like no lines would be the same, but
probably 90-95% of the files are the same. What could have happened that
makes diff do this? I've tried to change the encoding on the files with
no result. What else could be wrong?

Thanks for your time.

Regards Emil Edeholt