100-200 load average on an idle system: Help!

Thorne Lawler thorin at trouble.net.au
Tue Jan 9 03:25:01 UTC 2007

User Iam wrote:

> Can  you run
>
> System monitor....
>
> Just a gui...

Iam, thanks for the suggestions, but I'm running ubuntu server, which
does not come with a GUI, nor the libraries for one. I would prefer not
to install all of gnome on the box, especially if I'm worried about
system load or potential compromise.

> Shows same as top

Then what does it gain us? Care to elaborate what you were hoping to see?

Thanks.

--
Thorne Huw Lawler         trouble.net.au
"Croup and Vandermar, the Old Firm. Obstacles