Eclipse on Kubuntu Edgy 64

Danny Colligan dannycolligan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:12:33 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble installing eclipse on Ubuntu I installed java and
> eclipse
> form the repos and changed the path so it knew to use sun's java but it
> just
> hangs. This is what I get
> $sudo eclipse
> using specified vm: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/
> kdialog: Unknown option '--warning'.
> kdialog: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
>
> Thanks for any help

Not familiar with this specific error, but one of the things you might want
to check out is whether all of the java-related stuff you are using (virtual
machine, applications such as eclipse, etc.) are 64-bit or 32-bit.
Incompatibilities with java architectures is one of the big headaches of a
64-bit distro.

Danny Colligan