what to use instead of skype?

John Dow jmd at nelefa.org
Sat Jan 6 11:19:11 UTC 2007

Colin Murphy wrote:

> What I don't know, not being a developer in any way, is how feasible it might
> be for Skype to develop in this way, either because of limitations with the
> Skype code, the libraries it relies on, or wine development itself.

I guess it's possible that they may take a leaf out of Google's book
(regarding Google Earth and Picassa) if prodded in the right direction.
I guess what it will come down to is "Is the installed user base of
Linux large enough to support the cost of development outwith the
current developers' comfort zone". I can't answer that question, but
it's an interesting one ;-)

John Dow <jmd at nelefa dot org>
http://www.nelefa.org

Abu the monkey was never naughty.