what to use instead of skype?

John Dow jmd at nelefa.org
Sat Jan 6 09:29:19 UTC 2007

Colin Murphy wrote:
> I'd like to know what effort would be needed, on the Skype development side,
> to get the latest versions of Windows Skype to run nicely under wine.  This
> would appear to be the simplest solution for all.

It's a simple short-term solution, sure, but does little to advance free
software. I think the best approach is to attempt to educate the
developers of the Linux version, rather than spending yet more time
trying to turn Linux into Windows. All purely my opinion, of course ;-)

John Dow <jmd at nelefa dot org>
http://www.nelefa.org

Abu the monkey was never naughty.