All I'm trying to do is disable-enable flash 9 when I choose to do so

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Fri Jan 5 04:52:38 UTC 2007

Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Rebel Lion <obsidion at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>> On Thursday 04 January 2007 12:43, Dennis Castanos wrote:
>> > All I'm trying to do is disable-enable flash 9 when I choose to do so!
>> > Is there an easy way to do this in Firefox/2.0.0.1 (Ubuntu-edgy)? ? ?
>> > thanks, dennis
>>
>>   Doesn't actually disable it, however you could install the flashblock as a
>> meantime measure. The other easy method would be to have flash disabled in
>> one profile and not in another and have a shortcut go to either flash enabled
>> or flash disabled firefoxes.
>
> I haven't used it in awhile, but from my past experience, it sounds
> like the flashblock extension should do what the original poster is
> asking for -- it allows you to enable and disable flash objects in the
> browser at will.

He's been given the solution already - Flashblock or Prefbar - but so
far hasn't chosen to try either one. I reckon that after awhile he'll
just have to figure it out on his own.

For the OP: Dennis try Flashblock or Prefbar. If that doesn't work then
try the Firefox support groups at:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/forums