Possible to remove peter at gizmoman.net from users list Was: The "peter at gizmoman.net" dilemma

David Hart ubuntu at tonix.org
Fri Jan 5 02:09:11 UTC 2007

On Thu 2007-01-04 14:17:37 -0600, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On 1/4/07, David Hart <ubuntu at tonix.org> wrote:
> >
> > I know that spammers are dumb, bottom-feeding, lowlife *!$%@^ers but it
> > didn't really occur to me that they'd be so dumb as to subscribe to the
> > list with the same address that they're "bouncing" messages from.  But,
> > of course, you could be right.
>
> Id' encourage you to head over to http://www.gizmoman.net/ and take a
> look at your "bottom-feeding, lowlife *!$%@^er" for yourself.  He's
> actually a geeky truck driver in Austrailia who enjoys computers.

I didn't say that I thought the person at http://www.gizmoman.net/ was
responsible for the messages.  I said that "it didn't really occur to me
that they'd be so dumb as to subscribe to the list with the same address
that they're "bouncing" messages from".  The "they" in that quote being
whoever is sending the spam.

I also stated in my first post that I thought the messages were forged
- in other words, that the messages weren't coming from where they said
they were.

> Please don't label someone as you have when what's going on has
> nothing to do with spam.

By spam I mean 'bulk unsolicited email'.  These messages are being sent
in bulk and are unsolicited therefore, they are spam.

Check my other post to see why I think the messages are forged.

--
David Hart <ubuntu at tonix.org>