Possible to remove peter at gizmoman.net from users list Was: The "peter at gizmoman.net" dilemma

David Hart ubuntu at tonix.org
Thu Jan 4 13:05:23 UTC 2007

On Thu 2007-01-04 13:12:01 +0100, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> Tee Jay Rosene wrote:

> > I started a thread that's very specific: the "peter at gizmoman.net
> > <mailto:peter at gizmoman.net>" dilemma.
> > Can someone please disable the auto generated responses that come from
> > this email account? Every time I send email, I'm always receiving
> > "undeliverable" notifications. This is problematic because most of the
> > time my email is arriving.
>
> Dear list owner,
>
> there has already been a thread about this, but apparently no-one has
> tried to notify the owner of this list.
>
> Every time one sends an email to the list, one gets the notification
> that said email address is invalid (aka bounces). Can you please delete
> this user from the list or at least send his reception status to no-read?

Take a look at the (forged) headers of the messages and you'll see that
they don't go through Ubunutu servers so there's nothing (directly) that
the list admins can do about it.

If the messages bother you that much set up a filter to send them to
/dev/null or, if you have your own receiving MTA, block them there.

--
David Hart <ubuntu at tonix.org>