after command line install

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 3 21:08:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-01 at 15:59 -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:
> I've done a command line system install, then
> sudo apt-get install gnome-panel
> but I think I'm missing a few things, besides which, I don't know how to
> make gnome be the manager started when I do startx.
>
> Does anyone know what to install to get the entire gnome shebang, as if
> I did a visual install?

in case you didn't know this, you get the standard desktop with apt-get
install (or aptitude install) ubuntu-desktop. If you're just looking for
gnome without additional ubuntu modifications, I don't know whether
there's a suitable metapackage (but doubtless someone else does).

matt

--
Matt Price
History Dept