TinyURL for Firefox 2?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:17:45 UTC 2007

On 12/31/06, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> I'm beginging to wonder if I should be running Firefox 2.x (which is what
> gets installed on 6.10) or not. So fare all of the extensions that I wanted
> to use have not been rewriten for 2.0 :-(
>
> Has anyone managed to add TinURL to the toolbar of Firefox 2.0?

I'm not using 2.0, but I'd like to ask if a bookmark to:

javascript:void(location.href='http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+location.href)

doesn't work under Firefox 2.0?  That's right from this page:

http://tinyurl.com/  --  (Add TinyURL to your browser's toolbar)

That's what's always worked for me.  Is an Extension to do this really
necessary under 2.0 that's not necessary under previous versions of
Firefox?

--
Chris

memes don't exist -- tell your friends