Is that like an Apple ?

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:42:41 UTC 2007

My apologies to all for top posting.

Most providers that use PPPoE now provide modems that are also
routers. You set up the modem through a web interface and don't have
to configure anything in the computer anymore.

What happens is that you connect the (A)DSL modem to the phone line.
Then you connect the computer to the modem, open up your web browser
and try to access any website. The modem should serve up a
configuration page where you enter your ADSL username and password.
Some modems may require you to access a specific address (e.g.
192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.255) to get that configuration screen.

Eric.