system wide gnome desktop configuration

Ouattara Oumar Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 17:01:14 UTC 2007

H.S. a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> How can I make system wide configuration changes in Gnome? For example,
> on all users' desktop:
>
> 1. Volumes icons should not appear.
> 2. CDROM and DVD icons should appear.
> 3. A bunch of PDF files (located in /usr/local/share/doc) should appear
> as links (these are some custom help files and should be easy to find by
> all users without having to know what "/usr/local/share" is!).
>
> Suggestions?
> ->HS

There is 2 ways to understand what you want to do :

1. do you want to create a model for all users you'll create ? if so ,
create a first account, set that account up to fit your model. Then copy
the concerned config files into /etc/skel/ .

2. If you want to make those changes for all existing users I think
you'll have to create a script that do it. Loop in the users list and
apply the changes .