SMB Issue

Robe robe at prodal.telemar.cu
Mon Feb 26 16:27:39 UTC 2007

I hope you can configure the samba server successfully with these few steps.

There's a few steps for a setup like this, but it's overall a pretty
painless process.

I assume you've already set up at least one samba user as describe here, or
however method you chose to do it. I'll refer to it as <yoursambauser>

Firstly, we need a group allowed to read/write to /var/www

Code:
sudo addgroup www-users
sudo adduser <yoursambauser> www-usersnow we give it write permissions to
www

Code:
sudo chown -R root:www-users /var/www
sudo chmod -R 771 /var/wwwNow edit your smb.conf

Code:
sudo nano -w /etc/samba/smb.confand add the following:

Code:
[www]
comment = www directory
path = /var/www
public = yes
writable = yes
valid users = <yoursambauser>
create mask = 0771
directory mask = 0771
force user = <yoursambauser>
force group = www-usersNow just restart samba and enjoy

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/samba restart

--
Robe.

Hablamos de matar el tiempo como si no fuera él quien nos mata a nosotros.