Sending Mail from the CLI

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Mon Feb 26 10:21:31 UTC 2007

Amichai Rotman wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>
> I am connected to my home from work using an SSH terminal.
>
> I would like to compress a file and send it to an e-mail address from the
> CLI.
>
> How do I do that? I know it's possible....
If you have a properly configured MTA (postfix/exim/whatever) on your home
computer you can use mutt. you can do it either interactively
(but that would be a little complicated if you don't know mutt),
or just like that:
echo "message body" | mutt -s "some subject" -a /path/to/attachement email-address

Bye
--
Haim