SpamAssassin - the actual junk mail

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Sun Feb 25 23:18:43 UTC 2007

On 02/25/2007 02:25 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> 02252007 1624 GMT-6
>
> My junk is empty - under On This Computer.
> wade

Do you have any spam? If so mark it as 'Junk' using the 'Junk' button at
the top toolbar. That is the only way that you'll train the filter.

Additionally, you can select to check against remote filters:

Edit|Preferences|Mail Preferences|Junk|Filter Options| tick Include
remote tests. Also make sure the General|Check incoming mail for junk is
ticked.

Note: the one really nice thing about Evolution is that when you mark it
as junk it will move the msg to the junk folder (common in most), but
the *really* nice thing is when you go to the junk folder and mark it as
*not junk* it moves the msg back to the folder that it came from.
Thunderbird & Seamonkey do not do this.

Disclaimer: I use Seamonkey for all of my email & browsing (if you look
at my headers you'll see that I am running a prerelease nightly 1.1.1
now). I use Evolution for calendar etc., but have to admit that I
actually quite like Evolution overall & have moved my wife from
Thunderbird over to Evolution as a test basket :-).  She uses Netware at
work & Evolution is quite similar to what she already uses.  Note: to
Thunderbird fans; I very much like Thunderbird as well so don't flame
me, but find the calendar features of Lighting a bit primative compared
to Evolution's.