Grub does not want to boot my Ubuntu

N. Spohrer nicolai_spohrer at gmx.de
Sun Feb 25 21:15:12 UTC 2007

golfer schrieb:
> Use your live cd to mount and edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and /etc/fstab.
>  You have to change the old partition numbers to the new ones.  If you
> still had the lvm type partition designations, then replace them with
> /dev/sda<partition#> instead.  For tips on editing fstab, just do "man
> fstab".
>
> Also, be aware that the grub menu you get when you boot can be
> changed.  This is helpful if you guessed the wrong numbers when you
> edited the /boot/grub/menu.lst file.  Just hit the "e" key on the
> selected linux on the grub screen and it will give you a grub
> terminal, where you can use "e" to edit, and "b" to boot.  If it
> next grub boot.
>
> HTH,

hello.
I already changed the UUIDs (ls /dev/disk/by-uuid -la) and I think they
are correct. And of course I already tried to edit on boot - I think 10
times at least (you can exit back2grub with "ESC"). But all this didnt
work! And my "update-grub" doesnt run properly, it detects the wrong
partitions (cause in the chroot "mount" thinks sda11 is mounted on / and
sda6 three times... I just dont know why.

Nicolai