Cropping photos (Astronomy, Graphics & Video Software [WAS: VMWare / Wine))

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sun Feb 25 20:26:35 UTC 2007

On 02/24/2007 10:13 AM, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> On 23/02/07, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:
> If all you need to do is resize, crop, simple color adjust, etc., then
> the gThumb image viewer that comes with Ubuntu ought to do what you
> want. It's pretty straightforward. Just right-click on an image and
> choose "Open With ...--> gThumb Image Viewer"
>

> I must agree -- cropping images just doesn't seem to exist in FLOSS.

Ok, I'll bite.  What's FLOSS?  A google search reveals Free/Libre Open
Source software, but you seem to be referring to a particular
application.  Or are you saying that there are no good OSS solutions for
cropping?  That would be truly disappointing since that is one of the
most basic image manipulation tools.