wierd event

elaine i4gott at verizon.net
Sun Feb 25 16:26:12 UTC 2007

wierd event
From:
elaine <i4gott at verizon.net>
  To:
ubuntu user technical support at ubuntu, not for general discussions <ubuntu
users at .ubunti.com>
  Date:
Today 9:51:15 am

on 2/24/07 was obtaining and initiating audiobook from gutenbergh project when
audio was stopped and so noted at bottom of screen in kubuntu.   a package
arrived, openen itself  ( screen and functions on screen are frozen and so
are mouse functions and pointer. things open and close and function on their
own and adept opens and there is activity, but not on screen. eventually
control returns to screen and mouse. i attempt to reopen apt and am given one
message then another [instructions to give command lines in terminal for
attempting to restore, fix, or whatever apt....i.e.  apt-get;
apt-setup;apt-install, etc.  to no avail.]   the log shows there was
introduced a command to  REPO AUTOMATIX .   NOW ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I NOTICED
THAT AUTOMATIX 2 HAD MOVED IN POSITION  IN MENU AND HAD BECOME AUTOMATIX.
NOW, POST THIS EPISODE, IT NO LONGER IS ON MENU AND WHENEVER I ATTEMPT TO
UPGRADE,REPAIR, FIX, OR RECOVER ADEPT/APT FILES OR FUNCTIONS A MESSAGES
DISPLAYED THAT STATES AUTOMATIX CANNOT BE FOUND AND APT CANNOT BE OPENED AS
FRONT END IS NOT ABLE TO BE OPENED.
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT MIGHT HAVE A CLUE   WHAT HAPPEN  ?   NOT ME.
IDEAS PLEASE !  !
ALSO, I NOW HAVE PKGS. IN SYS TRAY.
IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING, THE MESSAGES SAY THERE IS NO METHOD TO OPEN THEM.
my son-in-law set kubuntu up for me and said it is unbreakable and so you are
getting it.  i was happy.   ...i am not telling him i am,

BROKEN