VMWare / Wine

Dave Grundgeiger dave.grundgeiger at codenouveau.com
Sat Feb 24 16:14:52 UTC 2007

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> There is a difference between the text of an EULA and a
> manual/readme/system requirements specifying what hardware/software
> you'll 'require' for it to run.

The latter is what I took Jeffery to mean, as I don't recall ever seeing the
operating system specified in an application's EULA (though I don't ever do
more than skim them).

I found a page on Microsoft's site called "Find License Terms for Software
Licensed from Microsoft"
(http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx). I looked at
the license terms for Office 2007 and SharePoint Portal Server 2003 just to
pick two. A text search didn't find the word "Windows" in either license.

Dave