Problems with Treo 700P

Scott slewin at rogers.com
Sat Feb 24 14:56:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

	I have my Treo 700P now and it will not work at all with Feisty and
only works basically with Edgy.

	I first tried it on my laptop running feisty.  It would not connect
using either Kpilot or Jpilot.  The system did not even detect the palm,
so, I am pretty sure, for the moment, that Feisty can not be used with
Palms, or, at least, the Treo.  I tried checking /dev/pilot and there
was nothing there.  I'm going to submit this as a bug report when I have
time.

	Then I tried Edgy on my desktop and it did show up at /dev/pilot.
First I tried Kpilot and, at first, it seemed to work perfectly.  In its
wizard it was able to quickly find the Palm's name and basic info, but,
when I tried to do a sync it would just give the error "can not read
palm system information" and then Kpilot would freeze forcing me to kill
it.  I tried going into the options and uncheck things as this worked
with my Tungsten (including unchecking checking system information), but
this did not work with the Treo.  It would just go to 10% and freeze the
program.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I
would love to use Kpilot.

	Next, I tried Jpilot which had a better time with the device.  Doing
the little 3 second trick I read about worked with the Treo and I am
able to do a basic sync and able to upload files to the palm, but I
can't find how to send files to the SD card with Jpilot, any advice on
this would be very nice.

	I also noticed that Plucker does not work either, which is a big
problem as I really like that program.  It will not sync with the palm,
so I can not send the plucker program or the html files to the palm.  If
anyone haves had success with Plucker on Edgy, please help me out.

	As it stands now, I am going to be forced to use windows for the
majority of my Palm experience.  I will need to use it to transfer files
to my SD card, to use plucker, documents to go, adobe reader, and
others.  I'm trying to use windows less, so any help on doing more
things in Linux (especially things that are online like plucker) with my
Palm Treo 700P would be great.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)