Evolution email client

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Feb 24 04:44:02 UTC 2007

The enigma wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 11:30 -0500, Jeffrey F. Bloss wrote:
> > The enigma wrote:
> >
> > > Speaking of which, I'm using Evolution 2.8.1 and I would like to
> > > know how to set it up to automatically fetch email from two or
> > > more accounts?
> >
> > Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts... then for each account you
> > do a Edit -> Receiving Options and check the box next to
> > "Automatically...".
> >
> > Or doesn't this work?
> >
> > If that's the case then apparently Evolution needs to be in an
> > account's "mode" to check that accounts mail. I'd call that broken,
> > but you could always set up a single account in Evolution that used
> > a local mailbox, and set up Fetchmail to collect all the various
> > outside email and put it there.
> >

> I had that option set for both accounts. I just unchecked/rechecked
> the option, and now it works...strange.

If you were to ask me, I 'd say most of what Evolution does is a little
"strange". But you didn't, and it would be just one person's opinion
anyway. ;O)

Maybe the setting is stored in multiple locations that for some reason
got out of sync, and turning things off and on like you did fixed that.
Just a wild guess...

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.