[OT] Re: OBORONA-SPAM

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 17:12:18 UTC 2007

Gabriel Dragffy wrote:

> I'm quite happy with my mail provider. Don't fancy changing either,
> nothing really wrong. But the spam thing is annoying, it is so
> sensitive that virtually every email I receive is marked with

Pardon my asking, but how could you possibly be happy with a provider
who marked "virtually every email" as spam, effectively castrating
their own spam measures with a flood of false positives. It's worse
than not having antispam measures in place. You certainly can't take
any action on it. It's a waste of time and and good Subject: headers at
best, and a potential loss of valid mail otherwise. ;)

> OBORONA-SPAM. THought that it would have learned by now....!

It can be trained? Are you sure there's not something you need to do to
make this happen, like forwarding spam to some address or copying it to
some folder, and getting examples of valid mail to another similar
location?

Or are you doing that and it's still broken??

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.