Edubuntu/ ltsp? [was Re: VMware ]

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 22 13:42:14 UTC 2007

hi,
On Do, 2007-02-22 at 08:31 -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Yes, but not always.  There are plenty of FOSS apps for Windows, as
> demonstrated by Canonical's TheOpenCD project  It is completely legal to
> redistribute wine.  It is the user's responsibility to follow copyright
> law, not Canonical's to try (futilely) to force them.  It is still in
> the repos, I hope?
indeed it is ... as i said, we just decided to not *ship* it in
edubuntu ... simply because of the fact that our target audience are
rather underskilled teachers doing the school administration as a
sidejob, many of them surely wont know much about licensing practice of
windows apps ... to prevent them from running ito such a trap we decided
to not ship it ... so you actually need to explicitly install and set up
wine before you can use it.

it is and will stay in universe ...

ciao
	oli