Ubuntu VMWare Export to others (best solution?)

Michael Matthews erobererunc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:23:55 UTC 2007

Sorry, does this repopulate the iftab file though?  That is, will I see the
standard lines eth0 and eth1 with the new MAC addresses beside it?

I'm still concerned about interface names persisting across reboots.  I want
them to persist forever, and if blanking the iftab file before powering down
and transfering the VM will cause iftab to be repopulated with the new MAC
addresses, then that's exactly what I want!