Firefox handling .kml and other file types

Steven Heimann steven at heimann.com.au
Wed Feb 21 19:51:29 UTC 2007

I am having some trouble getting Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Edgy to handle
google-earth .kml files correctly.  When pointed to a .kml file firefox
just displays the text of the file without asking me if I want to save
the file and/or use another application to open the file. I would like
to configure it to use googleearth to open the file.

I have tried looking in Edit - Preferences - Content - Filetypes -
Manage without success.

Could someone please explain how to modify Firefox's behaviour with
various file types.

Thank you
Steven