How too find a dependence package...???

larry larry at isp.com
Tue Feb 20 18:42:14 UTC 2007

Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (20/02/07 06:26), larry wrote:
>
>> Xastir program...
>> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to search for Geotiff & Gdal/OGR
>> from Ubuntu's list of packages, also they maybe spelled
>> differently...Since I can not find them just maybe there are some Ham
>> operators using Xastir that could also help me with this, any help would
>> be appreciated...Thanks
>>

> I'm not currently booted into Ubuntu but in debian:
> ~$ apt-cache search geotiff
> gdal-bin - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Utility programs
> libgdal-doc - Documentation for the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
> libgdal1-1.3.2 - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
> libgdal1-1.3.2-dev - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Development
> files
> libimage-exiftool-perl - Library and program to read and write meta
> information in multimedia files
> python-gdal - Python bindings to the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
> qgis - Geographic Information System (GIS)
>
> You might try the same with Ubuntu but you may need to add
> universe/multiverse to your /etc/apt/sources.list.  Synaptic has a GUI
> interface to expanding your sources.
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

Hello Clive,

I did try apt-cache search geotiff, and it gave me what you had
listed...So I did an apt-get install on eachone, and it told me that I
already have the latest version...

But yet when I try too compile xastir, it shows that I am still missing
Geotiff & Gdal...

So thanks for the help, and I'll keep working on it...

Larry