How to load Edgy version of a package onto Dapper?

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Tue Feb 20 03:06:24 UTC 2007

On 02/19/2007 06:55 PM, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> David Symons wrote:
>> On 2/20/07, Larry Alkoff <labradley at mindspring.com> wrote:
>>> Is there another repository I can try to find the latest vim?
>>
>> Larry, the SeveasPackages link I gave you earlier will help you find
>> one.  For example it could lead you here:
>>     http://seveas.imbrandon.com/dists/dapper-seveas/backports/
>>
>> You can either download the .deb files directly or follow the
>> instructions at the top of that page to add the repository.
>>
>> Cheers, Dave.
>

> Assuming that I download a .deb file.
> How do I install it?
>
> Please pardon my ignorance - I'm new to apt-get and it's cousins.
>
> Larry

Have a look here:

http://easylinux.info/wiki/Ubuntu_dapper#How_to_install.2Funinstall_.deb_files
http://easylinux.info/wiki/Ubuntu:Edgy#How_to_install.2Funinstall_.deb_files

The information just below will also show you how to convert rpm to deb
files & also how to compile .deb files from source.

You might want to bookmark these: