cannot find libmp3lame.so

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 16:40:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am trying to export a home recording from wav format to mp3 from
audacity. When I try to export a selection of audio to mp3, audacity
wants to know the location of libmp3lame.so. Upon searching for it, it
cannot find it anywhere. There is no *lame* in /usr/lib. I have searched
through google and some suggestions are to install libmp3lame, or
liblame-dev or lame packages. But I am not sure where to get them from.
I am using Edgy eft. Any suggestions how to solve this one?

thanks,
->HS