com port enable

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sun Feb 18 05:36:49 UTC 2007

Sasikumar Natarajan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>       i am trying to install ubuntu 6.0.6 version while doing test
> installation my mouse is not working. my mouse is connected in the COM
> PORT.So how can i enable com port.  please advise me.

    Check your bios; Linux has a long history of using a serial port for
X, if it's available, without a lot of fooling around.  If the mouse
works, is connected, and the BIOS is enabling it, it'll work.

    If X once came up earlier and configured a USB mouse, you'll need to:

     dpkg=reconfigure =phigh xerver=xorg

    (As best I remember it; I'm in a van, guarding an apartment complex
at the moment...)