desktop effects: XGL or AIGLX? compiz or beryl?...

Michael Gustafson michaelrpg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 21:56:56 UTC 2007

Are you using the non-free binary drivers from ATI? I couldn't get them to
work with AIGLX, and I read online that they don't work.  I assumed this was
for all ATI cards.

The beryl website says "Please note: ATI Cards : Depending on your card you
may find that you can use the ati/radeon driver with AIGLX. If you
experience problems then you may need to use Xgl with the fglrx Driver.".

I guess it's just some cards that don't work. I have a x800