vnc access

Cyphase cyphase at cyphase.com
Sat Feb 17 13:24:34 UTC 2007

I have my VNC server enabled, but instead of opening port 5900 on my
router, I tunnel in through SSH. Easy and secure.

Assuming you're outside your network..

1. Open a port on your router for SSH
2. When connecting in, log in to SSH and create a tunnel from the
computer you're on to your home machine. The command for this is
	ssh USERNAME at HOME_IP_OR_DOMAIN -p PORT_IF_NOT_22 -L 5901:localhost:5900
-C

If you're on Windows, use PuTTY.
3. Use a VNC client (TightVNC is good) to connect to localhost:5901
4. Tada!