After Dapper Update NFS/SMB don't work

Jeremy Thompson jeremy.a.thompson+ubuntu at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 16 20:29:01 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Luis <lemsx1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> host is a command that queries your DNS entries... that's fine.
>
> doing:
>
> ping server

It's a pinging so that's good.

should point to the private IP for "server" (192.x.x.x), the one in
> your /etc/hosts
>

> you should be able to do:
>
> showmount -e server

jeremy at Main:~$ showmount -e server
Export list for server:
/mnt/Backup 192.168.1.0
/mnt/Music  192.168.1.0
/mnt/Videos 192.168.1.0

and sudo mount -a worked.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.  I can't live without my music and it's on the
network share.

Now.. why would this have happened?  I didn't change anything in hosts
before the update.  Did the update do something?  I need to learn from this,
and it's very puzzling right now.

Again, Thank you all a ton.

JT