Multiple resolutions don't work after edgy install

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Fri Feb 16 15:08:45 UTC 2007

This issue is important for Kathy since she has really bad eyesight
and has gotten used to extra desktop space.
I just installed edgy for my friend Kathy and now her multiple
resolutions don't work. ie. Cntrl-Alt-+/- doesn't do anything.  The
X.org log shows it other validated modes:
(II) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes:
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "1280x1024"
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "1024x768"
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "800x600"
(II) NVIDIA(0):     "640x480"
(II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1280 x 1024

I tried using the same xorg.conf that worked for her breezy setup as
well as the new one done by dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg.  How do I
fix this one?

Thanks,
Chuck