Weird entries in /var/log/syslog

Janne Jokitalo janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net
Fri Feb 16 05:39:37 UTC 2007

Jeffrey F. Bloss wrote:

Hi Jeffrey!

> Janne Jokitalo wrote:
>
>> Feb 15 18:28:10 localhost kernel: [17201492.620000]
>> pci_set_power_state(): 0000:00:0a.0: state=3, current state=5
>
> You have a 3Com network interface by any chance? And/or a a network
> monitor applet running in a panel somewhere, or as a "desklet"??

Correct on both accounts.

> If so, turn off the network monitor, or the networking portion of your
> system monitor applet and check again.

You were right, this does the trick. Thank you!

Now, is there any way around this? I'd kinda not like syslog fill up of
these, but would like to monitor the state of my networking though. I'll hit
the google on this, now that I know what it is, but suggestions are always
welcome.

Thanks again!

--
Jaska