adding menu items [updated]

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Wed Feb 14 20:37:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 15:17 -0500, John Dangler wrote:
> Edgy 6.10
> I went into the menu editor, added a menu under System Tools, and added
> 3 items to that sub menu.  When I return to the desktop, they don't
> appear.  Is there a way to refresh the read of the menu config without
> restarting gdm?

The app is mysql gui toolkit.  I found that There are desktop files for
the tools in /usr/share/mysql/mysql-gui-tools-5.0/

It appears that if I make a directory in /usr/share/applications called
mysql, I could then copy these desktop files there, but then how would I
put them into the menu system?  (I would have thought that I could add
them via some utility in gnome.)