firewall

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Tue Feb 13 17:30:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 09:32 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> John Dangler wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Lorenzo.  I'm reading up on fireHOL.  I already got most of my
> > apps up and running, including dar (kdar bailed hard when I tried to
> > install it on gnome).
>
> Too bad, because it rocks in KDE :-)
yeah - it's one of those packages that (i guess) you just need to have
the entire kde environment installed in order for it to run.  I really
that was the case with clamtk... I installed it to see what it does over
the commandline tool... It installed a TON of kde stuff with it, and on
a clean install of Edgy (according to the gui) found 17 viruses.
Looking through the 125,000 files it scanned, it didn't mark ANY of the
files as infected.  Then I run sudo clamscan -r -i / from commandline...
everything checks out ok (like I would think it should)... so clamtk is
definitely junk (IMO), so it's coming off