Any animation software for kids?

chombee chombee at nerdshack.com
Mon Feb 12 18:44:43 UTC 2007

Got this message today, it's from an organiser at my university who is
arranging workshops run by postgrads for local primary schools. I would
like to recommend some software, anyone know of anything?

---

Hi David, Sean and Ianthe

Is any of you good with animations?

I had an idea for one hour workshop (repeated 4 times a day, 5-9
April).
Basically, I would like kids to be able to create animations starting
from one of their own drawings (made on the computer) while at the same
time learning something about computing.

Do you have any ideas as to how I might implement this?

Do you know of a software package I could use?

Thanks in advance.