Should I reboot after an update?

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Sun Feb 11 21:47:40 UTC 2007

Damien Hull wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I'll subscribe to the security-announce list today.

If you have access to a newsreader (Evolution, Thunderbird, Seamonkey,
etc), I'd also recommend that you subscribe to news.gmane.org. Right
click on news.gmain.org|Subscribe| search on groups for ubuntu and
subscribe to the listed groups. news.gmain.org archives all of the lists
and you can post to same from the newsreader. Helps cut down on your
email inbox & you can search/view threads directly.

So, for the security-announce list it would be
news.gmain.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.security.announce
and you'd find
[USN-416-1] Linux kernel vulnerabilities
dated February 01, 2007 that provides all of the information regarding
the latest kernel info.