New Install Edgy

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 11 06:17:40 UTC 2007

John Dangler wrote:

> I just got Edgy up and running on my desktop.  I have a Logitech Pro
> 3000 webcam, which shows a grey window in both camorama and ekiga.
> Camorama does see the camera, and ekiga configuration even allows the
> audio input through the webcam, but both fail for the video.
>
> I looked at installing easycam2, but looking in their list of known
> cam drivers, the 3000 isn't among them, and I did read where Edgy had
> newer drivers than Dapper (under Dapper it never worked at all, but
> under Breezy, it did - go figure)...
>
> Does anyone here have any input as to what I can try (or tweak) to get
> this to work?

What module(s) are you currently running? I find that the newer gspca
modules are more unstable than the older spca5xx on this box, for
instance.

> O/T - I'd like to try ekiga (or wengophone), but under ekiga (unlike
> skype), there isn't a way to search for anyone who has it running...
> any clues about this?

Ekiga, 2.0.3+ anyway, does have a search feature but it's limited to 100
matches. Fire it up, go to your "phone book" and enter a * in the
bottom dialog. Should give you a list of 100 and a notice about
"refining your search". There's a drop down that defaults to "name",
but I believe you can search on "url" and "location" also.

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.