turning off screensaver

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Sun Feb 11 00:10:31 UTC 2007

inhabitant of zion wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a way to switch off the screensaver from command line.
> Screensaver in Feisty keeps crashing x under gnome and just opening the
> screensaver controller gui also does the same.
>
> Cheers
>
> John

I don't know about command line, but I'd recommend the configuration
editor: gconf-editor 2.14.0

Do a Edit|Find|screensaver and you'll find the settings, including the
gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver setting where you can untick the box
for "start screensaver".

sudo apt-get install gconf-editor

Then look for it in Applications|System Tools|Configuration Editor