Will there be Reiser4 and Ext4 support for Feisty kernel?

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:57:02 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at mikefedyk.com> wrote:

> Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> > I'm trying out the two filesystems reiser4 and ext4, however, none of
> > those filesystem is compiled in the kernel, and cannot be mounted. My
> > e2fsprogs is patched to support ext4, I'm using 2.6.20-6-386 from ubuntu
> > feisty main repository,
> > with the latest feisty upgrade. I was wondering if will there be any
> > chance to test/use those filesystem under Ubuntu Feisty?
>
> Simple, download the source package, patch the ubuntu kernel, make a
> changelog entry and compile new binary kernel packages.
>
> I doubt ubuntu will support reiser4 or ext4 until long after they are
> merged into the kernel and not market as experimental.

The Ubuntu Feisty repositories have reiser4 packages, I think it's good,
because
people have the chance to use reiser4, but without the reiser4 patches
compiled in the Ubuntu kernel, it's really useless.

I think alot of people really like to test reiser4 and ext4, would it be
great if there's a testing kernel for it?

like Linux 2.6.20-6-HowardHughes

When I laugh, it's like I have 10 microphones connected to a big 10 foot
speaker.