[Followup] Re: latest updates

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Thu Feb 8 16:57:51 UTC 2007

NoOp wrote:
> John Dangler wrote:
>> Update notifier was turned on this morning...
>> On giving the sudo pass, I show this...
>> Cannot install all available updates
>>
>> Some updates require the removal of further software. Use the function
>> "Mark All Upgrades" of the package manager "Synaptic" or run "sudo
>> apt-get dist-upgrade" in a terminal to update your system completely.
>>
>> The following updates will be skipped -
>>
>> inux-image-386
>> linux-restricted-modules-386
>>
>> I haven't made any changes to my system (outside of normal updates)...
>> Anyone know what the reason for this could be?
>>

> Same here Dapper 6.0.61. I am applying the changes via aptitude (sudo
> aptitude dist-upgrade) on a test machine now & will post back after the
> reboot on that machine.

On the test machine I simply kept doing
sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
until if finally cleaned out all of the old linux images and finally
gave me no further updates/dependencies. Following all of that I no
longer show the 2.6.15-28-386 msg.

The system is working just fine at Kernel 2.6.15-27-386 & has been
rebooted twice in the process.

I did keep a log of all of the terminal outputs. However it is rather
long so I'll not post unless you folks want me to.