How to recove the firefox icon to the GNOME panel in ubuntu 6.06?

Wei-Yee Chan chanweiyee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:50:22 UTC 2007

zhihang wang wrote:
> But there is not the firefox icon in the *Application Launcher*
> sub-menu. I use
> sudo apt-get remove firefox
> to remove the firefox 1.0.9 and I installed the firefox 2.0.
> Now I can use the firefox 2.0 by
> >firefox
> But I can't find the icon in the Application Launcher.

See if this works:

sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Firefox
Comment=Firefox
Exec=firefox %u
Icon=firefox.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Network;

Save the file.

sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Evolution
Comment=Evolution
Exec=Exec=evolution-<fill-in-your-version>
Icon=evolution-<fill-in-your-version>
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Network;

Then save the file and restart Gnome or simply reboot your computer.

Regards,

Wei-Yee Chan
http://chanweiyee.blogspot.com