Problem burning DVD / Who to assign to in launchpad

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 21:06:08 UTC 2007

Have spent quite some time looking on net and this seems to be a
problem for many people.  There are even bugs on lanchpad, one VERY
old.  Non of there have had much attention, probable cos they have not
been assigned to anyone.

My first question is who would it be good to assign this to, have had
a look around launchpad and cant work out - any ideas.

I am also going to outline my problem.  DVD burning used to work but I
have now upgraded to edgy and it is now impossible.

First thing:-

ben at chomsky:/etc/udev/rules.d$ cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2005
Joerg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools at packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.17-10-generic
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.33
Using libscg version 'debian-0.8debian2'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial version of libscg
(debian-0.8debian2 '@(#)scsitransp.c      1.91 04/06/17 Copyright
1988,1995,2000-2004 J. Schilling').
scsibus3:
        3,0,0   300) 'SEAGATE ' 'ST3500830A      ' '3.AA' Disk
        3,1,0   301) *
        3,2,0   302) *
        3,3,0   303) *
        3,4,0   304) *
        3,5,0   305) *
        3,6,0   306) *
        3,7,0   307) *
scsibus4:
        4,0,0   400) 'USB 2.0 ' 'Storage Device  ' '0100' Disk
        4,1,0   401) *
        4,2,0   402) *
        4,3,0   403) *
        4,4,0   404) *
        4,5,0   405) *
        4,6,0   406) *
        4,7,0   407) *
ben at chomsky:/etc/udev/rules.d$

When I to burn in k3b, gnomebeaker or nautalus I get simeler errore
(this includes from room):-

Executing 'mkisofs -gui -V GnomeBaker data disk -A GnomeBaker -p Ben
Edwards -iso-level 3 -l -r -hide-rr-moved -J -joliet-long
-graft-points --path-list /tmp/GnomeBaker-ben/gnomebaker-2AV1MT |
builtin_dd of=/dev/hdc obs=32k seek=0'
INFO:	UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
	Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
	use -input-charset to override.
/dev/hdc: "Current Write Speed" is 8.2x1385KBps.
:-( unable to WRITE at LBA=0h: Input/output error
:-( write failed: Input/output error

Any ideas?

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Brussels, Belgium & Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use