windows cannot read dvd created by gnome bakker

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Feb 6 18:28:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 08:52 -0600, maman durahman wrote:
> What the problem and how to solve it? Other dvd can read without
> problem with that windowsxp.

Hard to say -- in my experience, DVD reading is unreliable between
different drives. Does the computer that runs Ubuntu also dualboot to
Windows? If so, check if you can read the DVD on the same computer in
Windows.

I have seen many DVDs that were burnt on computer A in Windows but would
not be recognized on computer B in Windows, but on computer C with
Linux, and many other scenarios. I think it is mostly a hardware issue.